Thursday, October 6, 2011

There’s just something about this weather...

Since i always forget about incorporating my word of the day, i’m going to start off with that. My word is, “coruscate”. The word is a verb which is defined as the following… "to give off or reflect light in bright beams or flashes” OR "to be brilliant or showy in technique or style”. I’ve never heard of the word, but it seems as though it could be a word that i would use in my everyday vocabulary.

I guess in today’s blog i’ll talk about the fact that i have so much work to do, yet again. I also can’t seem to find enough hours within the day to complete all that i have to. So i’m currently at Starbucks trying to study and get this in before i have to go to work in an hour. After i get off at 6, my sister in law is making me go with her to look at her wedding dress that just came in and then were all invited to go over to dinner at her dads house, which is in Fremont. We all have to go because he gets very offended when any of us don’t show up, even though he knows we all work and have busy schedules, and it’s especially hard to make it out during the week. So, i’m just going to have to sleep less and work more. Seems to be the motto to my life a this point in time. This past week i haven’t been able to go to sleep before 3am, because of all the work i have to get done. Then i have to wake up at 7am for school. Somehow i have been able to function, but as i may have stated before, i am the type of person to get stressed out about the smallest things so, being stressed along with no sleep, which leads to a lack of appetite, leads to a horrible immune system, and i end up continually getting sick. I haven’t gotten sick in a while, and i’m praying it lasts. I have started to get a little cough though, and i’m just hoping it doesn’t turn into anything worse. Even though i don’t get sick often, when i do, it is not pretty. I’ve gotten strep throat at least 3 times last year, and then i got bronchitis. Haven’t gotten sick badly this year, but the cold weather is just starting so i guess i shouldn’t speak too soon.

So anyways, i’m at starbucks trying to get some work done, which probably was not such a good idea. Everyone here just wants to talk and i don’t want to be rude, so i have to talk to all the employees because i come here on a daily basis and they all know me pretty well. Here’s all the stuff i was supposed to get done in the hour im going to be here. I’m supposed to complete this blog, write a one page proposal for my public policy class, respond to discussions for my online Communications class, study for a quiz in that class, and think more about my topic for our 100W class. I’ve been here for about half an hour, and i’m just finishing my blog. I would say i haven’t been all that productive.

I really don’t want to go to work in a while either. We are still in the process of hiring new teachers, and really the people that have come in so far are horrible and could never be trusted to work with children. The people that have came in are either too old with no energy, to prissy to be able to work with kids because they don’t want to get bugers on them. It’s been pretty hard to look for people but there is one lady that could possibly be our new teacher. She’s young and full of energy, but she still kind of a brat. Hopefully the attitude goes away, and she fits in to the little family we have created at our daycare. Okay, on to the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment