Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Help is on the way!

I really have nothing new to write in this post, so I’m just going to keep complaining about how stressed out I am with work and school. Today, it hit a whole other level. Well, actually last night. Our school director has been working very hard the last couple months with all the craziness going on, and I definitely can’t complain. Yesterday however, her son broke his leg and since she doesn’t have insurance she had to take him to the emergency room at Valley Medical. Like I had previously said, she is a bit on the frantic, dramatic, very exaggerative type so I could only imagine all the stories I would hear about it the next day, but she didn’t come to work today. There always has to be someone whether it be her or I there as a director at ALL times, in case anything goes wrong or licensing comes to check in, etc. There was no way I could leave school because I had to turn in a paper in one class, and then I had a review for a midterm in another class. She couldn’t come to work because her son had broken his leg, and she spent the night until around 3am in the emergency room with him. I completely understand and I feel horrible, but I guess there’s a business side of me that says, “I don’t care, get your butt to work!”, and then I feel like such a horrible person. It’s just very stressful but I guess that’s what comes along with running a business. Thank Goodness my mother is flying back tomorrow, and although she will be sleeping for the next week due to her jet lag, at least I’ll have someone to complain to.

Another great reason I’m so excited my mom is coming back, is because my brother is currently planning his last minute, but really not so last minute wedding that’s on Thanksgiving weekend. They’ve had it “planned” for about 8 months but are just now deciding to start doing everything, the booked the venue a couple weeks ago, and my sister in law ordered her dress, that’s really about all they’ve done. My mom and I are a little annoyed at how they seem to not want to do anything for their own wedding, they just sit around and wait for my mother and I to step in. We actually planned their engagement party, which was HUGE, and we did ALL the work. Literally it was my mother and I and 2 coworkers who planned the entire party for around 500 people, and we had less than a month to plan everything because it was a really quick engagement. Although both myself and my mother love planning parties, it’s exhausting and just adds a lot more stress, which at this point I’m not sure either of us can handle. I don’t think I have ever in my life been as stressed out as the last two months, and I’m really hoping things get better because I can feel my veins bursting! I would like to be able to eat and sleep again, and not have a constant headache. Yay for tomorrow, momma to the rescue!!! I hope…

Since i previously forgot, here is my vocab word that i have been completely been forgetting about! Hahah, the vocab word i choose is; Caligulan (adjective) which means "extreme in cruelty”. To use the word in a sentence, my mother has been Caligulan by leaving me to run her business for 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment