Tuesday, September 6, 2011

THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME.....

.....that my 28 year old brother is FINALLY moving out with his fiance. This last weekend, my brother and his fiancee finally moved out. My brother has been living with us for 28 years, and my soon to be sister-in-law has been living with us for about a month after her mother moved in with her boyfriend who my brother doesn't get along with, so she "had" to move into our house. I guess it's a good thing my mom and sister are not in the country right now( they're vacationing in Egypt), or else living in a 5 bedroom house with 7 people may have gotten a little crowded. I really do love my brother and my soon to be sister in law, but for the past year my brother has had such a short temper, that saying good-morning to him might set him off and have him yelling for an hour. I understand he's stressed out because he just started working at Apple after not being employed for about a year, and the requests for the wedding have been pouring in from my sister in law. They already had two prior parties, a huge engagement with close to 600 people and a smaller party at my sister in laws house for about 70 people. My sister in law insists on also having a large bridal shower, with around 150 of her girl friends and then the wedding which will be 300 people. That's a whole lot of parties! My brother and our family are also "supposed" to pay for it all because her parents both can't afford any of it.

So we've basically all been living in fear of having to avoid my brother and his princess of a wife because they are both overly dramatic, and again you really have to watch what you say. My brother insists that i do absolutely nothing around the house.  While mind you I go to school full-time, I run my mom's daycare business( which consists of the 44 kids we are licensed to have in our facility), take care of the house because my arab father expects me to cook everyday as well as clean, do all the chores, etc, and then take care of our 2 german Shepard puppies and our two cats. What upsets him is that I've asked my brother to walk our dogs every once in a while because i don't have a lot of time, which of course he can't because he doesn't want to be bothered by doing anything. His fiancee will also complain that i don't help her out with wedding planning, i don't buy any food that she likes, i don't cook anything she likes, i complain that i have to clean everything too much, and so on. It's really aggravating having to do stuff for people who are so unappreciative, and that's why i rally admire my mom. At least when my mom's here we are able to share in chores and stuff around the house, so it lessens the burden quite a bit.

Thankfully, they're out of the house for now! I forgot to add that, while i helped my brother and cousin move boxes and furniture up the 3 flights of stairs to my brother's new apartment, my sister in law sat on her bottom looking through her purse and talking on the phone. Again, of course no one could say a word. As long as they are finally out, right? Wrong...my brother came over for dinner today because his fiancee had to work late. Guess things don't change much, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment